The Cromwell Veterinary Group is one of an elite group of Practices around the world to celebrate over 100 years of Veterinary care. Once a large animal practice, the Practice has evolved to become exclusively a small animal practice in 1997. Today the original surgery in Huntingdon has expanded to become a 24hr small animal hospital and Cromwell Vets now provides care to pets all over Huntingdonshire with branch surgeries in St Ives, St Neots, Ramsey, Cambourne and Sawtry.
Staff, buildings and surgical techniques have come and gone across the years, but our desire to provide consistently high levels of care for all our patients has endured to this day. Our aim is to always maintain the traditional values on which the practice was first founded by offering a personal service with integrity whilst embracing the new opportunities made possible by science and technology. It is our belief that by continuing to invest in the development of our team and our facilities, we can work with our clients to achieve what is most important – happy healthy pets that are respected and loved as a member of your family.
- We are the only Small Animal Veterinary Hospital in the area, fully accredited and regularly inspected by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- We provide a comprehensive diagnostic service including digital radiography, ultrasound scanning, endoscopy and electrocardiography. Most samples can be analysed in-house, giving fast and accurate results.
- We operate Huntingdon Veterinary Emergency Service from our own premises, with a dedicated team of Veterinary staff experienced in Emergency & Critical care procedures, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This service not only provides excellent emergency care for our pets but also for other Practices in the local area.
- We are a Veterinary Nursing training centre of excellence
- We pride ourselves in being one of the very few Veterinary Practices to have achieved the prestigious ‘Investors in People’ status.
- Since 2005 the Practice has provided veterinary services to Wood Green, the Animals Charity
The team at Cromwell Vets is headed by three Directors. The Senior Director is David Fennell, who graduated from Liverpool Veterinary School and joined the Practice in 1972. The other Directors both graduated from Cambridge Veterinary School; Joseph Munoz joined in 1995 and Nigel Belgrove joined in 2000. The Directors are supported by over a hundred members of staff ranging from Vets, Nurses, Receptionists, Administration staff and cleaners who all take immense pride in their work to care for our Hospital and 5 individual branch surgeries.
If you want to find out more about The Cromwell Vets history, the complete story is available in a booklet from all of our surgeries or click here.