Below are just some of the facilities we have to offer your pet here at Cromwell Vets, across our Huntingdon Hospital, Cromwell ARC centre and all branch surgeries.
- Digital x-ray
- Echocardiogram (ECG)
- Blood pressure monitoring equipment
- In-house laboratory
- Housing the latest and most reliable diagnostic machines. Many tests can be carried out in-house, which often enables the vets to make a rapid diagnosis and provide prompt treatment. For more complicated tests we use nationally renowned laboratories which provide a daily courier service.
- Dental suite
- A dedicated dental suite equipped with modern dental instruments including an ultrasonic de-scaler, polisher and drill unit.
- Separate cat and dog wards
- At Cromwell Vets our patient’s comfort and safety are paramount. Our 25 dog kennels and two dog runs are all arranged to maximise this. In 2018 we extended our hospital to include a new cat ward, which has been specially designed with International Cat Care guidelines to improve your cat’s comfort and minimise stress levels while they are staying with us. Adaptations include clear acrylic doors to reduce noise and partition walls to block the sight of other patients.
- Isolation facilities
- This is a separate ward away from our other inpatients for pets who are suffering with potentially infectious illnesses.
- Intensive care facilities
- This includes a humidified oxygen kennel for patients in respiratory distress and an incubator for young puppies, kittens and small animals.
- Thanks to our 2018 hospital extension we now have three modern operating suites, one is directly next to the new cattery allowing a quiet transition for our feline patients away from any dogs. Our theatres are used daily for procedures ranging from minor operations to complex soft tissue and orthopaedic surgeries.
- Preparation & treatment rooms
- Our two preparation rooms and two treatment rooms are used for dressing changes, preparing for intravenous drips, blood sampling, pre-anaesthetic checks and pre-medication prior to surgery. They are also used by our vets and nurses for regular examination and treatment of inpatients.
- Pet bathing facility
- In 2018 we installed a station specially designed for the cleaning and showering of our patients, should they require this. With a nice warm shower and a secure platform, patients can be washed and cared for by our nurses in comfort and safety.