We have received notification from the Government regarding Brexit and pet travel. Here’s what we know.
There are new rules for taking pets to the EU after Brexit.
To take your pet to the EU after Brexit you need to start preparing four months before you travel by visiting you vet for advice.
Complete the following steps:
- Get your pet microchipped
- Ensure your pet’s rabies vaccination is up to date
- Return to a vet at least 30 days after you pet’s last rabies vaccination for a blood test to check it’s worked.
- Wait three calendar months after a successful blood test before travel.
- Return to a vet within ten days of travel for an animal health certificate.
- If your pet’s vaccination are kept up to date you won’t need to repeat the blood test for each journey.
Check the changes at gov.uk/brexit-pet-travel
Get ready for Brexit